A Travellerspoint blog

Victor Harbour to Adelaide

Days 15, 16, 17, & 18


Day 15
Tuesday March 28
Today we went in Peter and Olwyn's car to have a look around the sights near Victor Harbour.

First stop was at Port Elliott. The rocks in the sea make for a good photo.
We then called in to a look at some of the mosaics overlooking the bay.
Everyone went for a walk around the township and visited the local supermarket before returning to the vans for a late lunch.
After we were all fed we drove back into town and went for a ride on the horse drawn tram across the water to Granite Island.
While we were there we noticed a playful seal frolicking near the wharf.
It was back to the vans in time for "Happy Hour".

Day 16
Wednesday March 29
I forgot to mention that when we were in Kingston. Wendy took their dog for a walk at night (with a torch) but the dog wandered around all over the place sniffing etc and when Wendy decided to head back to their van she couldn't see any of them. She started to walk and ran into a concrete barrier and she couldn't even find the road. By this time John was quite concerned and walked to the town centre (twice) and then hours after Wendy started this trip she found her way back to the van.

This morning we left Victor Harbour and drove towards Adelaide stopping at Mt Compass on the way for morning tea. It was a little difficult keeping everyone together along the way especially when traffic lights turned red but eventually we arrived safely at Levi Park Caravan Park where we had booked for 3 nights. We all spent the afternoon relaxing after doing some grocery shopping.

Day 17
Thursday March 30
We all caught the free bus into Adelaide city this morning. The bus stopped near the city's ANZAC Memorial.
Then a walk to Rundle Mall where we took photos with some of the pig sculptures.
Then boarded the free city tour bus of North Adelaide and Adelaide City. It must have take about 45 minutes or so. The bus went past the Market area so we got off the bus had morning tea/coffee with Pancakes, Maple syrup and ice cream (some had raisin bread and Peter and Olwyn had iced vanilla slices. We made arrangements to meet up later at the Rundle Mall Food Court for late lunch.
We walked back to Rundle Mall and walked the length of it on both sides. Took a photo of Hiroe and a fountain there.
We all met up for lunch (late) then walked back to the bus terminus and came back to the caravans in time for a shower and Happy Hour.

Day 18
Friday March 31
This morning we all went for a drive in tow cars. First stop was at Port Adelaide - It is very quiet and most shops were shut.
We had a look at the splendid Clipper Ship the City of Adelaide which is sitting on a barge at Dock 1. It was built in England in 1864 and undertook 23 return voyages between London and England bringing out early settlers. It is currently under restoration.
Next stop was at the old lighthouse where Hiroe was the only one game enough to climb to the top.
We looked for a coffee shop for morning tea but unfortunately they were all closed so we drove south to Glenelg where we found many open and had a late smoko.
We walked out to the beach where not too much was happening - it's too cold for swimming.
Tomorrow we start to head east again towards Wagga Wagga for the Stone The Crows Festival.

Posted by Bobnhiroe 20:32 Archived in Australia

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

This blog requires you to be a logged in member of Travellerspoint to place comments.

Enter your Travellerspoint login details below

( What's this? )

If you aren't a member of Travellerspoint yet, you can join for free.

Join Travellerspoint