A Travellerspoint blog

At Seymour and Geelong

Days 2, 3 and 4

sunny 25 °C

We departed Jugiong reasonably late and drove to Holbrook for morning tea. Since we were on the road a bit late we had a late refreshment.
Took a photo of the group in front of the HMAS OXLEY Submarine which is several hundred kilometres inland here.
Bob has an ear infection so paid a visit to the chemist to obtain some antibiotics which should fix it up.
We drove on through Albury and into the State of Victoria and had lunch in a rest stop on the way.
Peter had selected a rest stop for tonight near Seymour and it turned out to be a good one. Well off the highway with grass and shade.
Tomorrow the other vans will head down to Geelong and we will be staying overnight in Craigieburn to have a new weights label afixed to our van. We will catch then up late Friday.

See the itinerary of this trip, and details about each destination.

Well, We left to go to Craigieburn expecting to have to wait until Friday to have a new weight label fixed to the caravan but after phoning Regal Caravans they said it could be done this morning so we hurried down the highway and in no time at all they had the job campleted. Wonderful service.
We then drove down to Geelong and arrived at the caravan park just as our mates were backing into their sites.
We purchased a new GPS Navigator as our old Tom Tom has been playing up lately - spending more time looking for valid satelites instead of actually navigating for us. Quite inconvenient.

Friday Mar 17th
We spent the day travelling down part of The Great Ocean Road as far as Lorne. Peter and Olwyn took us in their car.
We stopped at Torquay where we had morning tea and a bit of a walk to the inlet. Took a photo of Hiroe and Olwyn there.
The rocks at the entrance to the inlet looked very good.
On then to Bells Beach for a quick look then continued to Anglesea to visit the Info centre to obtain information on The Great Ocean Road and where to get fish and chips for lunch. The guy there told us to go on to Lorne so that's what we did.
By now it was after 1.00 pm so we turned around to drive back to Geelong and called into Aireys Inlet to have a look at the lighthouse and views from here.
Thats about it for the day.
We leave here tomorrow morning heading to Lavers Hill.

Posted by Bobnhiroe 23:12 Archived in Australia

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

This blog requires you to be a logged in member of Travellerspoint to place comments.

Enter your Travellerspoint login details below

( What's this? )

If you aren't a member of Travellerspoint yet, you can join for free.

Join Travellerspoint